Welcome to TheWisdomOfGold.com
This website is designed to be an educational resource that provides “financial information arbitrage” on behalf of Christian readers, across a wide array of income ranges, languages, and cultures. Jewish and non-Judeo-Christian readers are also welcome, and should find this website useful.
In short, we screen the enormous amount of financial information available today, according to Scripture and the best economic science and financial methodologies. We then re-contextualize much of this data in the light of the Bible. This creates a reliable and easily understood framework through which we can communicate these concepts to people across almost every socioeconomic, lingual, and cultural boundary in the world.
This unusual approach makes TheWisdomOfGold.com a unique source for Judeo-Christian financial advice on the Internet. And best of all, we offer this content FREE of charge.
The Perfect Framework
The Bible, according to the United Bible Societies, has been translated in-whole or in-part into over 2,370 world languages. Thus, over 90% of the world’s population has at least some portion of the Scriptures available in their native tongue. Consequently, the Bible is by far the best-selling book ever published; and thus, it is the most widely read and the most universally recognized text available in the world. About 2.2 billion professing Christians (and nearly 16 million Jewish people) claim a belief system that is directly based upon the Bible.
Given the fact that our target audience is primarily those of the Christian faith, this makes the Bible the perfect framework through which to communicate important financial and economic truths. Furthermore, we are using an automatic translation system on this website to help communicate these truths around the world in various languages. Should this feature fall short in accurately expressing the meaning of our original English text, believers who speak other languages can always look up the Scripture passages within their own Bibles to clearly understand the point of any imperfectly translated texts found on our website.
All Things That Pertain to Life
In truth, the Bible is the best “all-purpose textbook” for life. No other book is as comprehensive in scope, as the Bible covers “all things that pertain to life and godliness” with perfect knowledge:
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(2 Peter 1:2-4, NKJV)
Oh, how love I Your law! It is my meditation all the day. You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies, for [Your words] are ever before me. I have better understanding and deeper insight than all my teachers, because Your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the aged, because I keep Your precepts [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them]. I have restrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep Your word [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying it]. I have not turned aside from Your ordinances, for You Yourself have taught me. How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
(Psalm 119:97-105, The Amplified Bible)
If God’s written Word claims itself to be relevant to “all things that pertain to life” then it must also cover the important “life” topics of economics and personal finances. In truth, it really does—from Genesis to Revelation. Over half of Jesus’ parables even dealt directly or indirectly with monetary issues, and King Solomon certainly addressed these topics extensively within his writings.
Thus, the Bible claims its own preeminence as the most sure source for accurate economic and financial truth available. Consequently, it would be fitting for all professing Christians to learn what God’s Word says on these subjects. We can then conform our financial affairs accordingly in order to be pleasing to the Lord and to reap His promised benefits.
So for these reasons outlined above and more (and with all due respect for the varying religious and/or non-religious beliefs of those who browse this website’s contents), TheWisdomOfGold.com is unabashedly Judeo-Christian in its financial worldview and theological approach, and places heavy emphasis on the use of Scripture in explaining financial and economic concepts. Of course, archeological, historical, and monetary science, resources are consulted as well.
Financial Information Arbitrage
The term “arbitrage” is a common business and investment term, with an obviously French origin. It originally indicated (and literally means) “to arbitrate” as in to settle differences between two parties.
However, the term has been expanded within the modern financial community to now indicate the “arbitration” between two markets, wherein a savvy person (known as an “arbitrageur”) notes a difference in prices between two markets for the same good, commodity, or equity, and then performs “arbitrage” by buying in one market to sell it again in the other. The difference between the transactions (minus expenses) is the arbitrageur’s “profit,” and thus, his incentive for doing this; and the economic effect of his activity is to promote an equilibrium between the two markets (i.e. the price drops in one market, while rising in the other, until they are both fairly equal).
In today’s digital world, such arbitrage can happen simultaneously, but it can also be a more drawn out process if the arbitration requires the flow of goods, commodities, and/or services, between the markets (e.g. between cities or countries). Regardless of its velocity, however, arbitrage is a very important element in any truly prosperous economy.
What we define as “Financial Information Arbitrage,” therefore, is our function here on TheWisdomOfGold.com. We distill today’s confusing financial/economic systems down to their most fundamental elements. We then examine these in the light of the Scriptures to reveal true financial and economic “wisdom” in contrast to pure “folly.” The necessary benefit for our readers is an improvement in their financial (and political) decision-making abilities during these times of economic crisis.
Thus, we can “arbitrate” between the information “markets” in a way that promotes an “equilibrium” (i.e. a re-balancing of the “information markets”). This informational arbitrage is intended to expose and negate investment and political fraud on the one hand, by sharpening the financial discernment of the Christian public on the other hand.
Now that you have a rough idea of what this website was designed to do, please let me briefly detail the individual sections:
- The Supreme Value of Righteousness — This is the most important page on this website. Within this thought-provoking article, you will discover that there really is something far more precious than ALL the gold and silver in the world.
- Organic Economics™ — This remarkable section seems to be unique within all of Christendom; and it seems to be unparalleled within secular financial and economics communities as well. Essentially, this is an online book—complete with a Preface, Introduction, and individual chapters. It is designed to give Christians from a wide array of backgrounds and financial aptitudes an explanation of the history and principles of money, trade, and markets—but within a trustworthy biblical and archeological context. This first installment of our developing Economic Theology™ series examines God within His role as the Creator of all things and systems, while simultaneously identifying those “organic” economic principles which expose the true causes of today’s ongoing financial system meltdown. Armed with this information, you will be able to more easily navigate through today’s troublesome financial challenges.
- Resources — Within these pages, we provide you some important information about the modern bullion markets, as well as practical information about how to convert your “paper” currencies into real physical gold and silver money. In short, this is the “How To” section of the website. Herein, I also identify and examine quality precious metals vendors in order to provide you some key recommended sources for your own bullion acquisitions.
- Op-Ed — This Opinion-Editorial section is essentially the “blog” portion of this website. The posts therein are current-event articles which address the ongoing issues within the global financial systems. In addition to my own commentary, qualified guest contributors will be featured within this section also. The Feedburner™ automatic updates, offered within the right-most column of this website, notifies subscribers whenever new content is added to this section. (Note: This is also the only section of this website that allows reader comments.)
- Legal — Obviously, this is the page where all the legal verbiage is located. It may be useful to review this section in order to understand the limitations of the advice that we have included here on this website, as well as to review the copyright and Creative Commons licensing information.
Well, that about covers it. Please click on one of the links above to begin your studies.
Thank you for perusing the contents of this website. We would be very grateful if you would consider referring others to to TheWisdomOfGold.com as well.
Over the course of two decades, Reverend Rich Vermillion has earned the reputation of being a skilled Bible scholar. Theologically, he labels himself simply as a Christian; but in terms of his study method, he refers to himself as a “Biblicist” in that his primary textbook for both theology and life is the Bible. Rich’s other influences have included theological-greats such as Bunyan, Calvin, Finney, Spurgeon, and Wesley; and Pentecostal-greats such as Howard Carter, John G. Lake, and Smith Wigglesworth.
Rev. Vermillion is well-versed in a variety of areas outside of theology as well, but he has more recently become known as “The Economic Theologian” due to his autodidactic studies of economic science in the light of God’s Word. His formal education includes several certificates from Cornell University, including one in Financial Management. Rich is the founder of EconomicTheology.com and TheWisdomOfGold.com, and his ministry blog at RichVermillion.com.
An author and writer, Rich Vermillion was honored to be a recipient of a 2008 Silver Angel Award from Excellence in Media.
For more information about him, please view his public LinkedIn profile page at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/richvermillion
Please use the Share/Save feature below to inform others of this web page.
TheWisdomOfGold.com is Copyrighted © by Rich Vermillion, and is hereby licensed to the public for printing and redistribution under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License. All other rights are reserved under U.S. Copyright law and applicable international laws and treaties.